Tuesday 12 April 2011

Various ramblings with a strong pink focus

Our 'Pink Stall' at the Bayswater PS fete! (See windswept hair)

Whew what a busy last couple of weeks.  The Bayswater PS fete was a roaring success, what a committed school community.  I had a ball running my 'Pink Stall' and could not have done it without the assistance of some of my A-Mazing Amazon dragon boat buddies and family and friends.  It was a windy day however and whilst I perservered with wearing my pink wig, I am sure I looked more than a little windswept.  My lovely sister in law (who has been participating in the MDC for the past 3 years) came wearing her stunning MDC cap (and other clothes) and looked fit and ready for action.  What a great advertisement!  

It was lovely to chat to so many people about the Mothers Day Classic, as well as Register 4 (will tell you a bit more about that shortly), the Amazons Perth Dragon Boat team and BCNA.  We had a steady flow of visitors and there were many who were interested in participating in the MDC if not running or walking then volunteering.  I know I heard of one group of mothers who were looking to pull a team together.  Go girls!  I hope you get it up and running and will hopefully hear from you on how you are going.  There were also some family groups who were interested in joining in.  I know for myself, that I am really excited to be walking with my husband and son. 

On a more sombre note, the reality of the statistics for breast cancer never cease to amaze, in fact horrify me.  I can't believe how many people I spoke to on Sunday who know someone who has been diagnosed or have gone or are going through the trauma of a diagnosis themselves.  I feel for each and every one of you and that is why I am so passionate about doing my bit within the community.  It is just so important for us to continue raising awareness and necessary funds to make sure the researchers and doctors and other concerned professionals have the means to do what they do so well. 

The National Breast Cancer Foundation is a key recipient of funds raised by the Mothers Day Classic - thanks to Women in Super.  Up until last year NBCF had a huge focus on fundraising.  In late 2010 NBCF launched a new initiative called Register 4.  The goal is to for 1 million women to register online as a breast cancer research participant.  It does not cost you anything, only your time and willingess to be involved.  Please go to their website  http://www.register4.org.au/ for more information.  Get your friends, families and colleagues involved!

Now back to the Mothers Day Classic.  I am having a quiet chuckle to myself on reading the above as I feel like we just had a word from our sponsor.  But then...I am easy to amuse!  Fundraising!  It can be a tough call sometimes but just remember every little bit counts.  With Easter just over a week away it is a good opportunity to raise some funds!  I mean who doesn't like chocolate???  (I wish I didn't!).  Tomorrow I am taking into the office an Easter basket to raffle and a 'guess how many eggs in the jar' competition.  I have been asking people at work to be involved in the MDC and whilst I have had success with some, I figure the other way to get people involved is to ask for assistance in fundraising!  I will keep you posted on how we go!

What strategies do you have for fundraising??  Please share some of your ideas!

Until later in the week....

3 comments:

  1. I am in the throes of getting permission to run a sausage sizzle at/ near work (we are near a lovely park area). The idea being that I supply the food and for a small cost people get a yummy hot lunch.
    I've not done it before but I am hoping that it will be as successful as my "pink" morning teas have always been. There is something so cheerful about pink food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Pink just seems to jazz it up and make it appealing to the eye! I still remember a 'giant cupcake' I made one year for a morning tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nike Air Force One UKsystem class, because a stream of emerging "slow food", the "slow movement" sports are popular, so he decided to remind busy nervous men and women will slow down careful management, appreciate life good things, Nike Air Force 1 Womens UK is a famous designer material carefully selected, system work exquisite stress, style unique design, hope to make fashionable new family, enjoy relaxed without pressure walking fashion concept, Nike Blazer UK by founder combined with Oriental traditional foot comfortable spirit and western modern shoes design think of opportunely, lifted emerging shoemaking concept, sole creative strength is dazzle, outside with size change dot "doug" alignment design, inside combinative good support degree and comfortable breathable insole two stages, insoles confidential "foot" palm revolution, experience just know.Nike Trainers blow function and classical wind children's shoes students family cool shoes and children's shoes to have a type, also emphasizes functional sex, students to pursue fashionable bright eye shape, one step NO injustice. Brown, blue, bright blue, pink or turquoise splicing, jump line, NO NAME attack young gens of the play ShuaiXuan beauty stage, a favourite, shoes on the surface of the breather hole flaunt long wear not smelly feet, comfortable all day is a good shoes.
    Appeals countries master of the future children's footwear market, black, pink Nike UK and http://www.shopnikeuktrainers.com highlight the sexual love, white black side tie a small bowknot elegant shoes send out classic flavour restoring ancient ways, the little girl into a little princess, also very fit with blue and white color navy uniform, relaxed and spiritual, boost the complete set out texture.

    ReplyDelete