Thursday 5 May 2011

Not long now

Hi everyone

Just 3 more days until the big event.  How is your training going?  Are you fit and ready, intending a flat out run or a more leisurely walk?  The weather forecast is looking great ...fine and 28 degrees.  I am excited, got my MDC shirt in the post yesterday, have organised what I am going to wear (yes I did spend time thinking about it) and bought myself a pair of Pink Ribbon socks.  Caps are purchased for my menfolk, so between us all we will look the part. 

I think what I am most excited about is spending my morning on Mothers Day doing something worthwhile.  I am not a breakfast in bed type nor do I want to waste my day having a sleep in.  Don't get me wrong, the occasional sleep in is great but it is not necessary to sustain me.  Nicholas is looking forward to it too.  He wore his new cap with pride yesterday.

I won't just be walking with my husband and son, I will also have the company of some of my family members (my sister will be a course marshall on the day)some workmates, two members of the Amazons dragon boat team (one walking and one volunteering) and probably spying a few other faces I know in the crowd.  Paula's Pointed Posey will be there and I will certainly be looking out for them.  Look forward to seeing you Paula!!

I have been thinking about my online tribute.  Sadly only yesterday I attended the funeral of a lovely woman who I met through dragon boating.  I mentioned her in my last blog I think and mentioned that she was in the fight for her life.  Unfortunately she lost that fight.  She and her lovely family will be in my thoughts and I will carry her with me on Sunday morning.  It just reinforces to me how important it is to continue to raise awareness and funds to assist in research. 

On the subject of research I noted there was an update on my facebook page from Register 4.  You will remember I have mentioned this previously on this blog.  It was about a breakthrough in Breast cancer genes.  Here is the link http://breakthrough.org.uk/media_centre/news_views/breast_cancer_gene.html
I thought it might be of interest.  Further to that it again reinforces the need for funds for research and the need for the online register. 

Anyway Perth, make sure you get in some more walks or runs before the big day, hydrate well in the lead up and I believe there will be warm up sessions on the morning.  I look forward to seeing you on the day as I will have a birds eye view from the stage at about 7.55am. 

Happy Mother's Day to all the mums for Sunday.  Have a fabulous day!!

1 comment:

  1. Famous sports brand Nike company and the famous basketball star James sign contract, jointly launched by Nike brand star series Nike Australia and Nike Shoes Australia, son brand's style is Nike specifically for James custom-made2 sports shoes Nike Air Max 2012 Cheap Nike Air Max is Nike company for James a series of Cheap Nike Shoes basketball shoes, Nike Air Max 2012 Mens Shoes Black White for a heavier weight strike or swingman, wear-resisting performance is high, the damping effect is very good, but start no Nike Free Run basketball shoes quickly. Nike Australia protective first-class, is the function is relatively comprehensive basketball shoes series, only on the wearer weight has a demand, the shoes itself is heavy. Cheap Nike Shoes its positioning as Nike other star series such as Nike Jordan basketball shoes, Nike kobe basketball shoes series, Nike Free Run 2 Nike Free Run 3 is designed to through the star itself the rallying point and public influence to enhance brand value of a marketing strategy.Nike Shoes Australia James and the signing of Nike to its own star brand is also a kind of a good business, may say that is a powerful combination.
    Australia's sports level is high, thanks to the Australian mass sports movement the popularization, where almost everyone to find a suitable for themselves and very keen movement way. Sports has become Australian life indispensable part. Men's Nike Free Run 2 Black Green Shoes by the Australian people like, lightsome and quick Men's Nike Free Run+3 Blue White Black Shoes give you bring infinite power, let you have legs, let you sprinkle a sweat. The Australian people running for a love of sport only Nike Free Run 2 ability matchs to it. Come on put on Nike Free Run 3 achievement different you, to be a part of Australia.

    ReplyDelete